Sverker 900 Relay and Substation Test System – Who is it for and what does it do?
The Sverker 900 Relay and Substation Test System is ideal for an electrical engineers’ toolbox, addressing the increasing demand for three-phase testing capability in electrical distribution substations, renewable power generation stations and industrial applications. The intuitive user interface, presented on the LCD touchscreen, features a powerful combination of current and voltage sources and has a versatility of measurement possibilities, for the ultimate testing system.
This impressive instrument is specifically designed for basic, manual three-phase secondary testing of protection devices. In addition, various primary testing can be performed, since the current and voltage sources can be series- and/or parallel connected to allow for up to 105 A AC or 900 V AC output. All three current and four voltage sources can be individually adjusted with respect to amplitude, phase angle and frequency. The fourth voltage source allows for testing of numerical relays that needs a reference voltage simulating the busbar, giving electrical engineers plenty of testing options to work with.
The Sverker 900 contains a range of test instruments ready for use in a variety of test applications and requirements. Using the different instruments, engineers can set the output for the voltage and current generators, but also control them with the convenient knob for complete control on the job.
What can the different instruments and testing capabilities do?
• Timing test
• Manual determine the pick-up and drop-out of relay contact
• General set – inject – measure
CT Magnetisation Instrument:
• Test to determine the knee point voltage of the current transformer
Prefault - Fault Instrument:
• Timing test – to be used mainly to test relay which require simulation of a pre-fault state before the fault simulation
• Automatic determine the pickup threshold
• Time testing e.g when testing df/dt relays
• Simulation of sequences e.g. auto re-closer, motor starts, re-striking earth fault
• The impedance screen allows to test relays directly from the so called impedance plane, where the conversion from the impedance into voltages and currents is automatically done by Sverker 900
• Prefault and fault testing
• Impedance ramping
Click here to find out more about the Sverker 900 Relay and Substation Test System
Tuesday 15th of January 2019