From the old to the new… The Sverker 650 has a new successor, the Sverker 760
What is the Sverker range designed for?
The Sverker Relay Test Units are primarily intended for secondary testing of protective relay equipment in both high-voltage substations and industrial environments.
How does the new Sverker 760 compare to the Sverker 650?
Whilst the Sverker 650 Relay Testing Unit is still a popular and successful piece of equipment at Test & Measurement, the innovative Sverker 760 has taken the market by storm and has become the ideal instrument for relay testing. With its easy-to-read, user friendly display screen and powerful measurement section, the Sverker 760 makes relay testing much more efficient for the user.
Don’t worry, Sverker 650 enthusiasts, the Sverker 760 features a logical layout that you will find comfortably familiar and you will be able to get right to work with little or no equipment training required.
Compact and powerful, the Sverker 650 provides the functions required for secondary testing of almost all types of single-phase protection, but the Sverker 760 can provide much more! For example, users can also test directional protective equipment by means of its built-in variable voltage source. As well as this, the Sverker 760 also features a continuous phase shift function and automatic reclosing devices are also able to be tested.
Both the Sverker 650 and Sverker 760 are exceptionally lightweight and have been built robustly to ensure that they are easy to manoeuvre from site-to-site as required.
What extra fields of application can the Sverker 760 be used in?
• Plotting excitation curves
• Current and voltage transformer ratio tests
• Burden measurement for protective relay test equipment
• Impedance measurement
• Efficiency tests
• Polarity (direction) tests
What other capabilities does the Sverker 760 feature that the Sverker 650 does not?
The Sverker 760 is able to test three-phase protection that can be tested one at a time and also a number of protective relay systems that require phase shifting. This instrument can also be synchronised with two or more Sverker 760 units which allows the user to turn the instrument into a basic three-phase tester.
Sverker 650 Features
• Extraordinarily easy to learn and use
• Lightweight and easy to transport
• Includes test lead set and rugged transport case
• Protection: thermal cut-outs and miniature circuit breakers
• Instrument dimensions: 280 x 178 x 250mm
• Instrument weight: 16kg
Sverker 760 Features
• Many additional features making relay testing more efficient
• Easy-to-read display
• Languages in menu: English, German, French, Spanish and Swedish
• Equipped with a serial port for communication with personal computers and the PC software Sverker Win™
• Includes test lead set and transport case
• Instrument dimensions: 350 x 270 x 220mm
• Instrument weight: 18kg
If you would like to talk to one of our Test & Measurement specialists about the Sverker range please call: 01704 896 521.
Alternatively, why not sign up to our Test & Measurement newsletter to be one of the first to find out about new product updates and offers?
Friday 8th of February 2019