IN HIGH DEMAND: The Accles & Shelvoke ACVOKE Cable Spiker
The ACVOKE Cable Spiker is a high quality, durable safety tool used worldwide that has been developed for the electrical industry. Using the Accles & Shelvoke ACVOKE Cable Spiker is a safe and definitive way to ensure that cables are safe to remove by proving that a cable is no longer "live". This ingenious tool is truly a life saver, ensuring all personnel carrying out the spiking operation can work with confidence and precision.
How does it work?
The Accles & Shelvoke ACVOKE Cable Spiker is a cartridge powered tool which, when fired, drives a steel spike through high voltage electricity cables short circuiting the power and making the cable dead, therefore making it safe to work with. Another great advantage of the Cable Spiker is that it can be remotely controlled by an operator if by chance a “live” cable is spiked at the moment of firing by the means of a lanyard release. The operator can stand a safe distance away whilst the damage will be local to the cable – this fundamental safety feature results in the ultimate accident prevention solution.
What applications can I use this in?
Designed for use throughout the electrical maintenance industry, the Accles & Shelvoke ACVOKE has many beneficial applications. It is suitable for use with all types and voltages of power cables including single and multiple conductor laminated, polymeric, elastomeric, unshielded, concentrated neutral, interlock armoured, steel wire armoured, leaded covered etc. as well as designs in either fixed or portable installations. It is absolutely vital that all personnel can work safely on virtually all types of cables – the ACVOKE Cable Spiker is the versatile and effective answer to accommodate the industries security requirements.
• Easy to assemble and simple to operate
• Safest tool for assured cable de-energisation
• Employee safety achieved through positive remote operation
• Remote firing – the tool uses a seven metre lanyard and release pin which when operated completely separates from the tool at the moment of firing. This ensures total operator safety in the event of a ‘live’ cable being spiked
• Safety – the tool has a unique self-setting safety system which requires the deliberate action of pressing the safety catch to its ‘fire’ position, eliminating the risk of an operator inadvertently firing the tool when setting the firing mechanism
• Portability – requires no external power source, the use of a blank cartridge as the source of energy means the tool can be used anywhere
• Robust – the sturdy construction ensures trouble free use
• Versatile – the use of different cartridge strengths and various clamping arrangements allows the tool to be used on a wide range of cables
The ACVOKE Cable Spiker is growing more popular by the day. The increase in demand required an increase of availability, and Test & Measurement rose to the challenge to ensure this prevalent life-saving solution is always accessible to all. Be serious about safety – hire the Accles & Shelvoke ACVOKE Cable Spiker today!
Click here to find out more or or calll us on 01709 896 521
Friday 15th of March 2019