Facilities Management Operatives, We’re Talking To You!
What is Facilities Management?
Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality, comfort, safety and efficiency of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.*
*Source: IFMA (International Facilities Management Association)
How can test and measurement equipment, support this industry?
At Test & Measurement, we supply a variety of equipment that is ideal for use in the facilities management industry, from electrical testing and pat testing equipment to environmental monitoring equipment, we’ve got it all and it’s available for nationwide short and long term hire.
What are our best sellers within this industry?
1. Megger Multifunction Testers – The Megger Multifunction Testers are designed for testing low voltage electrical installations to BS7671. Our particular favourite is the Megger MFT1730 Multifunction Tester, a truly versatile instrument that provides all the tests required to complete the necessary electrical certification for industrial, commercial and domestic fixed wiring installations.
2. 17th Edition Testers – 17th Edition Testers verify the safety of electrical installations in domestic, commercial and industrial applications. They can ensure that fixed wiring is safe and correctly installed to meet the requirements of IEC 60364, HD 384 and all relevant local standards. Our most popular model is the Fluke 1653 17th Edition Tester, a unique and ergonomic instrument that is lightweight and features a padded neck-strap to free your hands, making operation simple.
3. Megger Earth Testers – Earth Testing Instruments are designed to automatically check the connection and conditions of the P spike, C spike and also the level of ground noise. They also include a voltmeter to enable measurement of ground voltage. Our first choice is the Megger DET4 which features a large, clear and easy to read LCD, as well as thumb sized test button to ensure that the instrument is particularly well suited to the outdoor conditions of ground testing.
4. Visual Inspection – Test & Measurement offer a variety of different Visual Inspection products. These include infrared cameras and software that not only quickly locate problems, their non-contact precision temperature measurement and analysis capabilities instantly deliver the answers you need to understand what repair action to take, and when. Among a variety of others, one of our favourites is the Testo 875-2i thermal imaging camera which has been designed with ease-of-use in mind, featuring an integrated digital camera and SuperResolution to make users work in industrial and building thermography even quicker and more efficient.
5. Environmental Monitoring – We offer an extensive range of Environmental Monitoring instruments covering the entire spectrum of environmental considerations such as; moisture, personal gas protection equipment, speed, vibration and dust monitoring. One of our most popular instruments is the Casella Dust Detective, an ideal survey tool for site operators and managers who have a requirement for area monitoring. It is quick to assemble, easily deployed and provides data which can be downloaded for evaluation and reporting purposes.
At Test & Measurement, we don’t just supply equipment, we service, repair and calibrate it in-house too, enabling us to provide quick and efficient service for each of our customers. Can’t bring your equipment to us? Don’t worry, with our nationwide fleet of high specification vehicles, our specialist technician’s can travel anywhere in the UK to complete the works on site for you.
To find out more about how Test & Measurement can support the Facilities Management industry, contact us now at: [email protected] or phone us on 01704 896 521.
Wednesday 21st of August 2019