Megger MPP2000 Pin Pointer
Weekly Hire Cost From: £100.00
The Megger Pinpointer model MPP2000 is specifically designed to accurately and quickly pinpoint faults in underground cable networks. Easy-to-access menus provide advanced users the flexibility and features they desire.
The MPP2000 is housed in a lightweight, ergonomically designed, rugged case that is IP54 rated. The unit can be easily carried "hands free" using the adjustable neck strap. In addition, the instrument can be used with any manufacturer's surge generator (thumper). The MPP2000 is used to detect the acoustic and electromagnetic fields. Both fields are generated by the flashover at the point of fault, which has been generated by the HV impulse caused by a surge generator. Detection is via a lightweight ground microphone, which has a physical shield to reduce external wind noise.
For easy interpretation, the receiver's display shows clear, unambiguous readings. The user interface features standard directional and select arrow keys for easy navigation. For operator comfort, and for use when the operator is wearing a safety helmet, the MPP2000 is supplied with "behind-the-head" headphones. Active noise-cancelling headphones are available as an optional accessory. Additionally the unit has a built-in "auto mute," eliminating all ambient noise, which is activated when the ground microphone is raised from the ground.
- Integral loudspeaker, the volume of which can be adjusted for user comfort via the touchpad control,
- A single pushbutton that "mutes" the output both on the headphones and loudspeaker simultaneously,
- Detection of the acoustic discharge ("thump") and measurement of acoustic signal strength,
- Detection and indication of the electromagnetic signal strength,
- Measurement of time delay between acoustic and electromagnetic signals,
- Indication of the direction to fault,
- Calculated relative distance to fault.